- News & Events
- About Us
Healthland Patient Management, our hospital revenue cycle management system, manages patient information while simultaneously automating the billing process. It allows users to work a patient registration from beginning to end, through the initial registration process, charge entry, patient and insurance billing, cash entry, collecting, bad debt management, and reporting phases.
In the end, this hospital financial accounting management system helps to streamline patient service, minimize rejected claims, and accelerate reimbursement while improving patient satisfaction and overall revenue cycle performance.
The Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) solution automates the process of receiving electronic remittance advice from an intermediary. Electronic payments are automatically posted to a patient’s file within the hospital financial management system, thus eliminating errors and increasing productivity.
Available for both hospitals and clinics, the ERA automates manual keying of Explanation of Benefits (EOB); provides details on how claims were paid and/or why they were denied; and helps improve business office workflow and productivity.
The online work list enables collectors to work their accounts from a screen, provides the information necessary to make daily calls and record notes, and empowers the facility to reduce AR days while also reducing the man hours required for collecting on accounts.
When patients present to be admitted, there are various forms that must be signed and either filed or scanned. This process is labor intensive and does not allow for immediate access to the information. Electronic Signature Capture (ESC) resolves this problem. With it, patients can sign forms electronically, allowing the admitting staff to save the document to the EHR while reducing paper waste, filing time, and any potential patient safety issues. This process will also help reduce wait times in the admissions area.
With Healthland Eligibility Verification, healthcare providers are able to electronically verify a patient’s insurance eligibility for healthcare service during the admissions process. By verifying eligibility up front, healthcare providers can set coverage expectations, thereby enhancing patient satisfaction and minimizing the amount of uncollected balances.
• Detailed information Verifies patient’s insurance eligibility, co-pay amounts, and remaining deductible
• Ease of coding Provides table of payers for cross-reference with healthcare provider’s payer codes
• Facilitates transaction Utilizes Emdeon as clearinghouse for EDI transactions with payers
• Retrievable records Stores detailed results for later reference and reporting
A cornerstone of our hospital patient accounting system, the Healthland Hospital Information Management (HIM) suite of integrated applications helps healthcare organizations to more efficiently manage patient records and optimize reimbursement while ensuring regulatory compliance.
The HIM suite is responsible for coding and abstracting all patient charts and releasing them for billing. Integration with other encoder products can further enhance coding accuracy. This application also features a specially designed HIM report generator.
• Chart locator/deficiency Facilities can track medical record charts with check-out, check-in, and reporting capabilities; this application identifies delinquent charts by department, location, and/or physician, and sends notices for their retrieval
• Release of information You’ll be able to track external requests for patient health information with this application; users can quickly see what, when, and to whom information was released; features auto-text, fee assessment, payment processing, and reporting capabilities
• Transcription Utilizing Microsoft Word®, this application makes it easy to create, view, print, and fax transcribed documents, then securely stores them in the patient’s EHR; features a variety of capabilities, including auto-text, access to current and historical documents, electronic signature, EHR access, interface to dictation system, report tracking, and templates
• Quality assurance/utilization review This application helps organizations coordinate the tracking and reporting of staff utilization, quality assurance programs, risk management, and JCAHO standards; features include customized reporting capabilities and the ability to create studies based upon questions for tracking patient statistics, quality of care, etc.